welcome to a bunch of words i wrote down.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Poe

So, thanks to my wonderful Transatlantic Literary History (or as I call it, my Tranny class), I have become quite familiar with the wonderful work of Edgar Allan Poe. While today his work is not viewed as scary, imagine reading it in the 19th century. I am sure that his writings were absolutely disturbing to his readers. But I have enjoyed my study of him and his works. A few of my favorites have been The Raven, The Tell-Tale Heart, and The Fall of the House of Usher. And while his stories haven't exactly kept me up scared at nigh, they are creepy.
Reading all these creepy tales has gotten me in the mood to watch a scary movie. A few that I have my eye on are The Stepfather and Paranormal Activity. However with scary movies it is also a huge gamble, they can either be extremely satisfying and scare the POO out of me, or they can be so horrible that they are almost funny. I definitely am not going to see Saw VI. Seriously, a sixth movie, come on Liongate, enough is enough.

1 comment:

  1. Well, look at how successful the "Land Before Time" was. I mean, aren't on they like 25? What about "Neverending Story?" Good hell.

    ReplyDelete