welcome to a bunch of words i wrote down.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dallas Heartache


ESPN DALLAS= Each Season's Playoffs are Not in Dallas.
The life of a Dallas sports fan is one full of heartbreak, disappointment, frustration and anger. It seems to me like I have had the worst luck in picking my teams that I am loyal to through the good and the bad. The Dallas Mavericks have had such hardships and trials getting so close to winning the Championship only to be defeated by bogus calls against us in the Miami Heat series a few years ago and then last year with the Denver Thuggets. While I don't blame the entirety of our losses on bad calls, it did play a huge part in our defeats.
However currently with the Dallas Cowboys, I am so frustrated that I can hardly watch the games, but that would place me in the category of a "fair-weather fan", and I am anything but, so I sit and gut out the games with a grimace of pain and anguish on my face. Even our victories are short lived because of the horrid game play that landed us just lucky enough to win. On paper we have one of the best teams in the NFL, lead by the 3rd best quarterback, Tony Romo has a wonderful supporting cast that winning the division title should be no difficult task, yet somehow the boys just like to piss it all away and keep driving me mad!!! We just can't get it together!!! We'll the season isn't even half way through, so there is still hope that we can start living up to our potential. I just want for once to be able to enjoy cheering for my teams, and not wondering how we are going to screw up no matter how great our lead may be.
It is a hard life, but one worth living, for one day there will be a great reward for my dedication and support... until then I will continue to believe in my superstitions, drinking from my Dallas Cowboys mug and wearing my old, ripped Mavericks shirt for the games and hope that my diligence will somehow help my teams to the victory.
Speaking of heartbreaks and frustrating sports teams... Good luck BYU against TCU this weekend!!! ESPN College Game Day will be in Provo and its our homecoming game. With this amount of attention on us, we will most likely blow it, and all the while I will be wearing my BYU Blue like an ignorant fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment