welcome to a bunch of words i wrote down.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Desperation

Thanks for everyone who encouraged me to start a blog (actually, thank you Zach).

I finished my saturday night on a high after the Boston-Chicago game. It was perfect, a great game, and my team brought home the win. Actually, not really "my" team. I just jumped on the bandwagon last year, but in my defense I started cheering for the Celtics at the beginning of last year's playoffs. Anyway, it was a great game.

I was expecting a similar experience this morning when I woke up. It was actually cool today in Dallas, and I thought to myself as I got ready for church this morning, "Today is going to be great, the Mavs are going to win".

And thats the way it went, until about the 10:03 mark of the second quarter when Dirk Nowitzki checked back into the game and was picked up up by Chris "Birdman" Anderson. This drug abusing, tattooed punk-a$ ruined my sunday. As soon as he began to defend Dirk, the game feel apart. The "Birdman" flew into Dirk's head and picked his brain apart, then Kidd started to falter. Turnover after turnover and I'm glad the Mavs ONLY lost by 14. They fell apart. I was heartbroken.
I was so distraught after the game that I had to turn on the Rangers game just to see one of my teams win.
Dirk started off so strong, but I should have known better. He is too inconsistent. If he always played like he did the first quarter, we would have blown the Nuggs away.
To make my Sunday worse, I had made a bet with my Denver rooted girlfriend that the Mavs would win the series. Now if Dirk doesn't get his head on straight I will be forced to pay up, and get crap from Michelle, as if she doesn't give me enough already! Next Sunday my prayers will be dedicated to the Mavericks, because they need them more than I do.

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic. About freakin' time. I'm looking forward to checkin' up on all the latest you have to say. Look at us, Blogging Bosom Buddies.

    ReplyDelete