welcome to a bunch of words i wrote down.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Left Lane

Today as I drove into work I was reminded about a past frustration I felt last week. As I drove from UT to TX I discovered that I know a very well kept secret. I've decided to share this secret with others, are you ready? Here it is

THE LEFT LANE IS FOR FAST DRIVING!!!

Please pass this on to everyone you know as it is very important for my sanity that everyone understands that when driving in the left lane one must drive fast, at least 10 mph over the speed limit. Here is another little tidbit. If you are in the left lane, no matter how fast or slow you are going, and someone comes up behind you at a faster velocity, you are to change lanes and allow the faster car to remain in the left lane and pass you. Once the faster car has passed you, you may return to the left lane as long as you are going at least10 mph over the speed limit.

I'm trying to exploit this well kept secret... so tell everyone, especially if you live in Utah.


1 comment:

  1. John, I cannot agree with you more. I have to drive up to Salt Lake 3 times a week for school, and no one seems to realize what ALL the different lanes are for. A week ago, I passed 3 vehicles with big long trailers... on the right... because they were in the very most left lane. Also, semis seem to really like the middle lane. So, basically, all I can do is curse Utah drivers as I drive 60-65 mph to Salt lake, when I would like to be driving 75-80mph. My dad has a special name for these people... left lane lubbers. I'm glad someone else has this issue, because I rant on it pretty much every chance I get.

    ReplyDelete